Here are the anime I like best. They aren't in strict order, but the ones towards the top are the ones I like more:
1. The Vision of Escflowne. I love this one, it's a series that keeps you guessing, and maintains a strong plot all the way through.
2. Trigun. This is hilarious and serious in a way that no other anime manages to my knowledge.
3. Fullmetal Alchemist. An excellent long-running series that contains some seriously cool fight scenes!
4. Paranoia Agent. The biggest mind-fuck I've ever seen! I love it!
5. Haibane Renmei. I only saw it the other day, and it's already on my top ten. All of the others I've seen at least twice.
6. Stellvia of the Universe. An excellent serious sci-fi. This one takes itself seriously, unlike a lot of sci-fi anime, and it is better for it.
7. Azumanga Daioh. Simply hilarious.
8. Grave of the Fireflies. I dare you to watch this and not cry.
9. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. An excellent fantasy anime film. Superb.
10. Spirited Away. Well known, and fully deserving of its Oscar.
So, any here that you think are terrible? What would you have put on the list?