Tuesday 6 March 2007

Otaku of Opportunity

So, if for some reason you've stumbled across this new blog, you're probably wanting to know a little about me. I'm an 18 year old student/avid geek/anime and manga otaku.

I even conform to the stereotype. You know the drill, right? Bookish, somewhat antisocial, overweight, obsessed with all things Japanese. I play all sorts of table-top roleplaying games. Principally Dungeons and Dragons but also Shadowrun, World of Darkness and a little bit of Exalted. I also play TCGs (and if you don't know what that stands for then what are you doing on the blog of this humble nerd?) such as Magic and Warlord: Saga of the Storm. I love computer games, have an active World of Warcraft account (although I tend to get to about level 20 and then start a new character), have about £500 worth of manga in book form and even more on my computer (although a lot of them are backup duplicates), have a similar amount of anime, and am trying to learn Japanese.

However, I don't know the last thing about computers, can't code, can't build a computer. So I'm not completely lost to nerditude!

I have also recently started learning Kendo, which is great fun indeed.

Yeah, that's all I'm saying about myself. Drop me a comment if you drop by.

As to what this blog is? Mostly it's about my geekiness. I will attempt to post at least once a day on topics close to me. Specifically, geek stuff. Anime, manga, my learning of japanese, RPGs, card games, that sort of thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, welcome to the blogosphere. You seem to like most of the same things i do.

First comment!!!!!

I'll defintly be checking back.

Retlor said...

Interesting. Can I ask how you found my blog? Nice to meet you.